The Stannah is a giants corporation with multiple business verticals having thousands of users connecting through Intranet portal. Stannah was serving its intranet portal using Websphere portal technology since many years now. Attune Infocom came in to contact with Stannah offering a feature rich open source Portal framework and introduce Liferay as a perfect match to their requirement. Team Attune has taken an initiative to look at existing portal build on Websphere and developed similar functionality in to Liferay Portal customization and development efforts.
The Stannah Group is a long standing British, family-owned company with members of the Stannah family still very much hands on in running the business. Over the years we have developed a reputation for honesty, integrity and commitment to the quality customers have come to expect across all our products.
Technologies used in project
Portal : Liferay Community Edition 6.0.6 | SSO : Spenego | Database : MySQL 5
Domain : Active Directory | Development Tool : Eclipse | Web Server : Tomcat
Stannah – Intranet Portal achieved following advantages
Problem Statement 1 : News Portlet, Sports and Social
– The last 4 news items displayed when click on a link to get the details about the news item.
– Hovering over the image to enlarge it, users are allowed to add comments to the news item and a count of the number of comments will appear on the summary view on the homepage.
– Click event on the back to news list on the top right it will take to a list of all the news items added.
– To get to the above screen from using the menu on the home page or by clicking on the “All News” link.
Problem Statement 2 – Careers
– Careers are added and a summary view is available the same as the news, however users are not allowed to add comments against the career requirements.
Problem Statement 3 – Blogs
– When clicking blogs, it display on normal page but required to display separate page with maximized stage.
Problem Statement 4 – Restaurant Menu
– When clicking on Restaurant link from the Home menu the below page will appear, only the canteen Manager (Group) will be allowed to add / delete items to the menu.
– The links on the right are links to either word or PDF documents.
Problem Statement 5 – Discounts and Offers
– This provides a list of discounts to other companies products.
Implementation Success using Liferay
– The user can create the news, sports, social, restaurant, blog, career, discount and offer page content from the liferay web content management of type news.
– Create template for filling the news content in the web content management.
– Use asset publisher portlet to populate news type web content and career type web content, the portlet will be modified to imitate current news functionality and UI.
– Using this user add comment for specified news
– Customize Liferay message board for blog functionality
– Use of Asset publisher portlet to display the recently message from message board portlet in Blog
– Create a portlet called Restaurant portlet. Which will have add / delete button for create and delete item. Clicking add will take the Canteen manager liferay web content creation.