- Client NameSultan Qaboos University, Oman
- TechnologiesLiferay 6.2 GA-4, OpenAM 10.0. ActiveDirectory, Oracle Database
- ProblemPreviously they were using Oracle Portal, the problem with the oracle portal was that, it was older version and the Oracle portal was not able to handle the overly exceeding user access load over the portal, and the portal was not highly available.
- SolutionConfigured two Liferay servers to achieve high availability of the portal, even if there is any contingency failure of one. Performed clustering of these two server to have same content on both the servers. Configured the portal with oracle database. Configured OpenAm to accede the Single Sign-On for integrating with Sharepoint portal.
- Project OutcomeThe Education Portal, accessible by all the associated Students, Faculty Members, Administration Department and Alumni. It is built on Liferay and accessible from anywhere. The portal has the empowered feature as role based access for all user types. For instance: Faculty member have editable access to the subject grades while the students have view only access. This portal is also linked with a Sharepoint Portal. The OpenAM is integrated to achieve Single Sign-on between these two portals, That enables the user, who is already logged into the Liferay Portal, can also access the Sharepoint portal and vice-versa without providing separate login credentials for.